People participating in the Convoy are more than welcome to sleep in their vehicles/trucks.
Camping for the 2021 Memorial Convoy will be available on site at the Gatton Showgrounds.
Sites will be limited, so it’s best to get in and book your site early (see below for booking form). Camping sites will be allocated at the time you bump in. Bump in times- from 4pm Friday 1st Oct until 9pm (unless otherwise arranged), 6am-9am (only) Sat 2nd Oct, 3pm-9pm .
NO BUMP INS WILL BE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 9AM-3PM Sat 3rd Oct due to convoy arrival.
Prices- $25 per site/night (limit 5 people per site) for 5m x 9m site.
Payment for camping can be made to Lights on the Hill Heritage Bank account BSB 638-010 acc#10728082. Please ensure you use name as reference at time of payment.
In the event our available sites fill there are extra sites available for motorhomes at the old swimming pool site at 23 East Street, Gatton. It is free to camp at this site, however there are no toilet/shower amenities, or dump point facilities. The RV Park is for Recreational Vehicle Parking only (fully self-sufficient vehicles only) for a max. 48 hours (no vans, caravans or tents allowed). Dump point and water tap is provided only at the Gatton Showgrounds.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please ensure you read the site rules and requirements before applying for camping.
- By completing this booking you agree to be bound by the following Conditions of Sale & Entry, as well as any other conditions specified by the Lights on the Hill Memorial Inc (Organiser) contained within the Organiser’s website or booking forms. Any person found not adhering to the following guidelines will be asked to leave the campgrounds with no refund given.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damage or theft of your property or for personal injury while in the campgrounds.
- Children 6 years and under will be admitted to camp for free.
- Please note that ALL requested camping sites must be fully paid upon application and confirmation will not take place until payment is cleared.
- Camping Refunds: Campers who cancel prior to Friday 24th Sept will receive a full refund of paid camping fees less a $10 administration fee, campers who cancel after this date may not be eligible for any refund.
- When signing the camping application form, it is agreed that you have read and understood ALL camping rules and regulations and will abide by them. Campers removed from the grounds will be ineligible for any refunds.
- A single camping site can accommodate one car/ute/4WD and one of the following: caravan or camper trailer or tent. Any vehicle not authorised may be removed from the camping zones and moved to the public parking area.
- Powered camp sites are limited and sites are allocated on a first in first served basis. Therefore acquiring a powered site is not guaranteed on arrival. If you will be using a generator at your site please let us know when you arrive.
- Vehicles must be housed only on the site booked.
- All personal belongings should be kept within your designated site area so paths and roads are not obstructed.
- A reminder that all leads used with generators must have a current safety tested tag. It is compulsory for ALL leads (even brand-new leads) to have been safety tested & tagged before they can be used on the grounds.
- Generator area is separate and clearly signed.
- At all times campers must abide by the directions given by the camping supervisors and event organisers Lights on the Hill Trucking memorial Inc. Failure to abide by their directions will lead to removal from the site. The Lights on the Hill Committee reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons.
- No loud noise after 10pm Friday 1st and 12.30am Saturday 2nd October 2021.
- There is to be no vehicle movement in the campgrounds between 11pm & 6am unless for emergency purposes.
- Prohibited Items include but are not limited to:
- Glass of any kind.
- No alcohol to be consumed at your camp site after 0900am or before midnight 2nd October due to the Lights on the Hill convoy being a licenced event.
- Offensive weapons, including potential missiles.
- Illegal substances.
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police/emergency service dogs).
- Flares, fireworks or sparklers.
- Portable laser equipment and pens.
- Audio or video recording devices.
- Skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, quad-bikes, and segways.
- Any other item deemed to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by event organisers.
- Any persons found to be in possession of Prohibited Items will have those Prohibited Items confiscated and they will not be returned.
- No fires permitted AT ALL – gas cooking only. Portable gas and electric stoves and barbeques are permitted on site given they don’t have the potential to generate airborne embers, are not left unattended when ignited and are suitably contained at all times
- In case of emergency evacuation due to fire, dangerous incident or threat, all people on site must move to the main entry gate.
- Any persons found to be in possession of illegal substances or partaking in illegal activities will be removed from the Event Camp Site and will be referred to the police.
- Those under 18 years wishing to camp must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian who have their own camping ticket/s.
AMENITIES & FACILITIES
- Amenities are provided in the campgrounds from 12pm on Friday 1st October through until Monday morning 4th . All campers must have packed up and departed the area by 12pm on 4th October.
- There is no available drinking water on site in the camping area.
- Campers are asked to keep toilet and shower facilities as clean and tidy as possible. Please turn off taps and do not put articles likely to cause obstructions into basins, sinks or toilets.
- Rubbish must be placed in bins provided and camp sites left as they were found. Rubbish bins are not to be removed from the designated areas.
- Campers must not dump their sullage in the campgrounds. All sullage/grey water is to be contained and taken to the approved dump point at the back of the Gatton Showgrounds, entry from Yates Street (please contact event organisers if you require access during 9.30am to 11pm Sat 2nd Oct on 0401362960)
- Campers must not cause damage to, improperly use or tamper with any campground facility or infrastructure, or cause any damage to flora and fauna on or surrounding the venue or enter any onsite bodies of water. Nor should they remove or attempt to remove any item or object from the campground or surrounding area.
- Except where liability cannot be excluded under legislation, the Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or on the festival site. Where permitted under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), the Organiser limits its liability in respect of breach of any statutory guarantee under the ACL in the manner set out in sections 64A(1)(a) and 64A(2)(a) of the ACL.
- The Lockyer Valley is within the 11 LGA’s where mask wearing is currently compulsory unless seated, eating or drinking. Please social distance where possible, wear a mask and perform frequent adequate hand hygiene. The Lights on the Hill memorial convoy is a covid safe event. Any person who has travelled interstate within the two weeks prior to the 2nd October must provide a negative covid swab result from at least 72hrs prior to their arrival at the event.
- It is a condition of purchase that the buyer consents to the Organiser retaining personal information as required by Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012(Cth). The Organiser will only hold your information for archive purposes and contacting you in relation to ticketing matters and event information. The Organiser will not trade, sell or otherwise dispose of your personal information.
ALL CAMPING ENQUIRIES
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Juanita Johnson (LOTH secretary) 0401362960